Re: Lynx -dump problems

<quote who="Matthew Daubenspeck">
> I have a php script that does some web database cleanup that I want lynx
> to call once an hour, and am having problems making it work.
>
> Basically, all lynx has to do is use the -dump option, call the page and
> the script does the rest.
>
> However, the script does not work. I had this once before and remember
> fixing it by changing the term im the script (TERM=vt100??), but can't
> remember exactly what I did. I have tried a few different methods and
> none are working. The page, however, works if I manually enter it into a
> standard browser...

i've had this problem too. i think the older versions of
lynx worked fine with just the variable set but the newer
ones check the actual terminal(??) in any case i could not
get this working with lynx so i switched to netcat. e.g. i have
a shellscript that gets a stock quote from yahoo, and it looks
like this:

#!/bin/bash
/bin/echo "GET /d/quotes.csv?s=$1&f=nl1d1t1c1vw&e=.csv" | /usr/bin/nc
finance.yahoo.com 80

which just dumps the output to standard out, much like lynx,
however it does not do any kind of html rendering ...i'm not
sure if the url your trying to get needs rendering or not.

nate