Re: Cannot get TeX -> PDF with outline fonts to work

You need to make sure you've set dvips to use type1 fonts by default. In
/etc/texmf/dvips/updmap, change:

type1_default=false

type1_default=true

then:

/etc/texmf/dvips/updmap

Alternatively, use pdflatex instead of the multiple step approach. (This
breaks some graphics inclusion though.)

ap

clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu