turning on verbose logging for iptables?

Good morning!

I have an iptables firewall running fine, and have a need to switch on
verbose logging.  I hope to see which ports are being used when I
initiate an outbound connection to a vpn from a windows client behind
the firewall.

This connection works fine on my LAN, but we are haveing difficulty
getting the same sort of connection setup thru a commercial firewall in
another facility.  My hope is that iptable's log output can give me the
clue I need to tell the other site what they need to open up on their
end to get the connection to pass thru.

Thanks for any hints.