Re: Junkbuster problem - looking for external links on same server

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 05:55:34PM -0400, Kevin B. McCarty wrote:
> > I seem to be able to access sites directly by typing in the URL in a
> > fresh Mozilla session. However, if I try to follow an external link on
> > a website (e.g. click on the http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages
> > link from debianplanet.org), junkbuster seems to look for the external
> > file on the server I am currently browsing.
>
> Try this: in Mozilla, go to Edit->Preferences->Advanced->HTTP Networking
> and check the "Use HTTP 1.0" option.  The problem is that Junkbuster
> doesn't support the HTTP version 1.1 protocol.
>
> Even better: install privoxy, the updated replacement for junkbuster.
> (Should be in unstable; don't know if privoxy has made its way to woody.)

Thanks for that suggestion - with the lack of real dependancies I've
manually downloaded the unstable package and it seems to be working
well so far (will get around to tweaking when I have more time).

--
Daniel Rees // e: dan@dwrees.co.uk // w: http://www.dwrees.co.uk
PGP: 0x227BB64B - send e-mail in privacy with GnuPG at http://gnupg.org