Re: Exim configuration - filtering and aliases

On 15 Jul 2002 at 17:32, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:

[snip]

> Short answer:
>     Yes.
>
> | and how do I set it up for them ? (the users are not malicious by the way -
> | they will do their best to do as instructed)
>
> Read the exim manual(s).  They are very detailed and contain all the
> information you need.  It is merely a matter of creating the directors
> you want to have.  Some quick hints : use 'lsearch' lookups, use the
> redirect director as desired, use $local_part or some lookup to
> determine the file name.

Thanks a bunch. This was exactly what I was hoping for. I was quite overwhelmed by the thought
of having to go through the entire manual to figure out how to do it right. The hints provided
have given me at least an idea of where to begin.

Courier probably won't be a problem, since (by design) the filtering rules implemented by each
user will take care of getting messages delivered to the appropriate Maildirs. From there on
courier just takes care of the communication between the MUAs and the Maildirs via IMAP (at
least, that's what I figure).

Kind Regards,

Rune
--