Re: [DEB-USER] /he/ vs. /they/ (was Re: At peace with Debian)

The random use of he or she in writing should offend no one.

That's very easy to say, when you are the default gender that is always being referred to. I imagine if all your life you had to read about "she" doing this and "she" doing that and "he" never getting to do anything, it would probably start to grate.