Re: Phat Linux

Dom Leon <dom6791@yahoo.com> writes:

> Just wanted to know what you guys thought about the
> Phat Linux OS?

It has a stupid name and thinks it's unique with the idea to install
in a Windows partition.  That shows the developers aren't completely
on top of things.  It would be nice to know what kind of packaging it
uses, to get an idea of how ongoing maintenance and upgrading to
something with real partitioning (if the user chooses to do so) would
be like.  Their website seems to be terribly sparse on details of any
sort, though that might be by design so as not to scare away their
chosen audience.

The idea of trying out Linux in a Windows partition is a good one, and
introducing people in a gentle way is great.  So I can't be too hard
on Phat Linux.  But I don't see how they're any better than the other
distributions which did the same thing.

I yam Popeye of Borg. Prepares ta be akskimilgrated.