Re: linux migration

Hello,

I know an alternative of Power Archiver - it's name is karchiver - it's the "native" tool for kde. But there are many frontends for gzip, bzip2, ... so you could just choose the best for you. It's also possible to decompress files on the fly with kde's filebrowser konqueror.

I don't know what you mean with mySAP, but i know that SAP offers a Java Version of SAPgui which should run on linux, too.

For ifran view you could use different programs. It's possible to view the common file formats directly in konqueror. Otherwise you could use gimp, imagemagick, kview, ... just test them.

Hope that helps,

Daniel

Following the list of the programs my company used:
MS Office 97/2002
------------------
Linux version: No
Alternatives: openoffice(), star office()
Comments:

MS Netmeeting
---------------
Linux version: No
Alternatives:
Comments:

Power Archiver (Free compression tool)
-------------------------------------
Linux version: No
Alternatives:
Comments:

Irfan View
----------
Linux version: No
Alternatives:
Comments:

Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw
----------------------------
Linux version: No/yes (PhotoPaint)
Alternatives: Gimp(), PhotoPaint()
Comments:

Lotus Notes Domino 5
---------------------
Linux version: No
Alternatives:
Comments:

SAP
----
Linux version: mySAP
Alternatives:
Comments:

Adobe Acrobat Reader
Linux version: yes
Alternatives:
Comments:

And last but not least one question:
If we come to the conclusion to migrate to Linux which Operating system
would you choose for a Desktop solution and WHY !?!?

That°Øs it! Thanks a lot!

If you find any mistakes in my listing your are welcome to correct ! ;-)

Cheers JonasNÖ
I@R
	Èöä[huÊ‚j{¨z∫fi™Á¨∂X¨∂«^n&ߢ∏0äÿZ≤Ê„yÀh~ÈÏπªÆ&fiN∫.nWÇ¢{ZrŸb≤Ÿö≤◊´ñ+-±
◊õâ©Ë

---
Quarkness.