Re: apt-pinning problem regarding an unstable package

On Sun, 14 Jul 2002 21:00:53 -0700 Osamu Aoki
<debian@aokiconsulting.com> wrote:

> >    # apt-cache policy openoffice.org
> >    openoffice.org:
> >         500 http://www.phy.olemiss.edu unstable/contrib Packages
> Where did you get this?  For these UNOFFICIAL sources, I check:
> http://www.internatif.org/bortzmeyer/debian/apt-sources/
>
> This is not listed.  I thought binary distribution of Openoffice was
> no no.  I can not access it any more.

This address is listed at
http://www.linux-debian.de/openoffice/mirrors.html near the bottom of
the page. It works fine for me. I gather there are people already using
these unofficial packages, and they've even achieved "testing" status
according to the maintainers :)

> Basically, apt source http://www.phy.olemiss.edu is given default pin.
> What was the content of Release file there?  If it did was not created
> with unstable entry, this happens.

Yes, that must be the answer, as there is no Release file for this
archive.

Thanks for the help.

--
Carlos Sousa