Re: Preparation for Debian Installatin

While all of this is true its only scratching the
surface. Thats just the basics. Kinda like bringing
your pencil to the test.

You also have to know how Debian 'thinks'. Worse yet
if you deal with Windoze all day long and have studied
Microsoft's way for a few years.

There are only a few places one needs to look within
Win32 to get it working. There are tons of commands,
programs, utils and worse yet configuration files
within Linux to get it working. Im sure most of this
is because Microsoft tries to hide much of this, but
nonetheless simply knowing the IRQ settings for the
sound or NIC card will not get you close to a nice
Linuc installation.

My 2 cents.