Re: xfree 3.3.6 + agpgart.o != i810 ??

<quote who="Dr. Sachin Kale">
> Hello all,
>
> On debian potato 2.2 r5, xfree version is 3.3.6, which
> doesnt support i810 mobo by default. Intel provides a driver called
> agpgart.o. Which I have installed, after compileing from source.(

hi

while its been more then 2 years since ive had to use i810 i still
feel the pain from when i did.

the surefire way to get it working under xfree 3.3.6(100% success
for me), was to download the Xfree 3.3.6 source and compile the
agpgart module contained within the source. at the time, intel's driver
nor the agpgart driver in the kernel, nor another 3rd party agpgart
worked with xfree 3.x on i810 for me.

the module is buried deep within the tree and i don't believe it
is compiled by default when you normally compile Xfree with 'make world',
so do a find . -name "agpg*" in the tree to find it. you should
not have to recompile xfree itself, the module should be all thats
needed, copy it to /lib/modules/`uname -r`/misc/ (or somewhere
else that you like) and load it, X should respond after that.

this worked for me both on debian 2.2(potato) and debian slink(2.1)

nate