Re: does debian really suck this much?

> You asked your question *an hour* ago, on a *weekend*, on a list
> operated by *volunteers*.  What did you expect?  That nobody here has
> lives, and we check the list every five minutes just to see if there's a
> question that we can answer?  Somebody needs a reality check.

Agreed.  This made me curious enough to look at the timeline.  In fact
it appears that Stephen submitted a post to the mailing list at his
local time of Sat 2:19pm PDT and then waited exactly 54m10s before
posting a second note with a scathing tone suggesting why are people
keeping him waiting for that long!

Another 5m4s later he posts again indicating that he had just
subscribed to the list and where was everybody?  He was upset that
people were not responding to him.  Total elapsed time 59m14s.

Another 14m47s later he posts the same question he had originally
posted.  Total elapsed time now 1h14m1s.

Stephen seems to have a basic misunderstanding about the unpaid and
volunteer nature of the contributors to this mailing list and seems to
expect a direct and immediate response from his mailings.

I expect this to create quite a bonfire of responses.  May I suggest a
level of restraint be applied?  This is one person with a mistaken
understanding about how this mailing list in particular and user
groups in general work.  It is not the first time nor will it be the
last.

Bob

I extracted the postings.  I might as well share it here with you so
you can make your own conclusions.