Re: Help switching from lilo to grub

Rick Commo wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Ted [mailto:twager@btinternet.com]
.
Hi...
	This link might be of help
.

Ted,

Thanks for the link, I hadn't found that one yet.  I had used grub for some
months, on a floppy, to boot between various distros that I would play with.
When I decided to try Gentoo it gave me the option  of installing it on the
hard drive and I took it.

On a technical level I am not learned enough to compare lilo vs. grub.  It
would be interesting to see an unbiased comparison of the pluses and minuses
of each one.  But on a practical level as a user I would never go back.
Being able to "repair" a selection entry during boot has helped me a couple
of times.

Thanks also to Bruno for the heads up on when I do an upgrade.  I would hate
to see grub on my had drive get written over.  But with the floppy it could
be handled since I keep the floppy up to date.

Cheers,
-rick

Hi Rick

Also a good article on here...Written by the Gentoo builder...

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/

--
Regards
  Ted Wager