Re: Web Page Software

"Thomas H. George,,," wrote:

> My daughter is about to contribute $200 to Microsoft for "Front Page".
> Until now I have had no interest in Web Page creation dont know beans
> about the subject.  Is there a debian package? Where should I look for a
> good introduction to the subject?
>
> Tom George
----------------------------------REPLY-----------------------------
 For an inexperienced user, just starting out doing web pages it is
advisable to remain in the most productive environment. That is usually
one they are already using..i.e. in your daughter's case Windows. If she
is wanting to switch to Linux then by all means investigate the
applications already mentioned. However there is a program called
HomePage Builder available for about $70.00 U.S. for IBM. It is
available for Windows, and Linux and works far better that FrontPage as
it does NOT use ANY of the special files that FP requires to be added to
ANY web site it manages. It is in my opinion superior to FP and all of
the other applications previously mentioned for doing overall site
management and web page design. (HOLD THE FLAMES PLEZE!) I strongly
advise learning HTML code from the text level ASAP as it is simply
faster and better to write it from there.....but for getting started
there is nothing wrong with using the best tool to get the most done in
the fastest way. BTW theuy have an evaluation download and if you want
to try it with Debian, download the .rpms and use alien to convert them
to .deb files for indstallation. They work fine.. Happy codeing.
--
John Foster