Re: Web Page Software

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002 16:09:28 -0500, Thomas H. George,,, wrote:

>My daughter is about to contribute $200 to Microsoft for "Front Page".
>Until now I have had no interest in Web Page creation dont know beans
>about the subject.  Is there a debian package? Where should I look for a
>good introduction to the subject?

For a really easy to use text editor, that supports syntax hi-lighting
and will seem almost MSWin-like, try Cooledit (apt-get install
cooledit).  This editor is written by Paul Sheer, the author of "Rute."
Anyone starting out should definitely write their own HTML source text.
Otherwise they can never fix auto generated stuff.

For an HTML generator, OpenOffice.org has managed to pass the few tests
I have thrown at it.

Personally, I prefer Emacs html-helper-mode, but a Windows user might
find it daunting.
--
gt
It ain't so much what you don't know that gets you in trouble---