Re: Where is Debian going?

On Thursday, July 11, David De Graff wrote:

--- David De Graff <debian@platformglobal.com> wrote:
> Hey Ben,
>
> I thought that Debian was an open group, interested
> in any well-intentioned,
> reasoned discussion aimed at improving the system
> and / or the experience of
> learning and using it.
>
> But if the discussion and suggestions that I and
> others have brought up
> based on our observations and experience are just
> 'whining' and 'bleating',
> maybe my first impression was confused.
>
> How long should someone use the system or contribute
> to the project before
> their ideas and suggestions change from whining and
> bleating to something
> worth a respectful response?
>
> Dave

I've received a lot of help in this forum (and
provided a bit).  I too am a bit distresses that often
an innocent question, perhaps by a novice, results in
a "chewing out" for not using the "proper form"
(whatever that is).

I'm assuming the more needful a person is, the more
likely his question will be poorly formulated.  That
doesn't offend me, as I'm sure it doesn't most.

Of course, now I will get my "chewing out" for having
made the statement.