Re: Assigning a virtual ip address to PCMCIA ethernet card

also sprach Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com> [2002.07.10.0620 +0200]:
> Default kernel has many modules under /lib/modules/net/ipv4/netfilter
>
> Did you activated them to get this functionality.  Besides, I can not
> find CONFIG_IP_ALIAS in 2.4 source.  I see CONFIG_IP_NF_NAT etc.

i use my own kernels and there's no configuration option close to
virtual networking or IP aliasing. but since it *does* work with 2.4,
it must have become the default, don't you think?

a woman is an occasional pleasure
but a cigar is always a smoke.
                                                       -- groucho marx