SuSE and grub

I am booting SuSE from grub...When I first install suse I have scsi emulation
I boot it from grub and type scanbus and get command not found...although it
is ok using the bootdisk...My SuSE partition is hdb4 formatted ext2..
The lines I have in grub are the same ones that boot Debian and Mandrake
both of these are ok..I tried hde=ide-scsi in the suse lines but still did
 not work.....Can anyone spot an error ??

title suse2
root    (hd1,3)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hdb4 ro hdc=ide-scsi

title mandrake
root (hd1,0)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hdb1 ro hdc=ide-scsi

Regards
  Ted Wager

--
Regards