Re: This is the last war I'm going to fight with you people

Right on, Jamin! :)

Two bits of advice, Glen, if you're still here:
1, don't reply to existing, unrelated threads to ask your questions-- someone who knows about converting filesystems, and therefore may be able to help you, may know nothing about whatever you're replying to, and therefore will ignore the original thread-- including your question. (In case you don't know, in Netscape, emails can be viewed as threads, and unless I (or whoever) expand the thread, I (or whoever) have no clue what's inside of it.) 2, this isn't like true tech support-- most people here don't know everything, but we'll help to what extent we can; we probably don't have the *exact* same setup as you, which makes troubleshooting harder; and also, no offense, but we have other things to do, too. Depending upon what your question is, how much info you provide, and who happens to be checking their mail at the time, you may get an answer immediately, or it may take a little while. Also, depending upon whether there are other resources out there that will help you, or whether it's easier for someone to say, "Oh, just add "This_line_fixes_it" to /etc/fooconf", will determine whether you get a simple "RTFM!" or an answer to your question that is to your liking.

Do not confuse rudeness with brevity.

If you want to add me to your spam filter now, go ahead. Have fun. I don't really care. However, (and this is not meant to be offensive, but if that's how you take it, that's your problem) if that's how you deal with everyone you deem "rude" or "irritating" or whatever, that's a very childish way to deal with people; that's what little kindergartners say: "You weren't nice to me, so I'm not going to talk to you anymore, so there!"

Just my  $0.02 USD.

-- Vikki Roemer
"Quod scripsi, scripsi." [Latin, "What I have written, I have written."]

Jamin W. Collins wrote:

On Thu, 4 Jul 2002 14:49:26 -0500