Re: Printing PDF: 2 pages side-by-side

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 03:45:18AM -0400, Oleg wrote:
| Hi
|
| Is it possible to print a PDF file with each 2 pages of the file on 1
| physical page (side-by-side)? Also, because I want to print on both sides,
| while my laser printer prints only on one, I will have to first print pages
| 1-2, 5-6, 9-10, ... and then 3-4, 7-8, 11-12, ... Is this possible?

Yeah, with the right tools.  Here's how I would do it :

1)  in PDF application (eg acroread) choose "print to file" to get a
    PS file

2)  lp -o number-up=2 -o page-set=even

3)  re-insert pages in printer

4)  lp -o number-up=2 -o page-set=odd

Do note, however, that these 'lp' options only apply to CUPS.  It is
one reason to prefer cups over the other spoolers :-).

-D

--

He who spares the rod hates his son,
but he who loves him is careful to discipline him.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/