Re: Recompiled kernel and killed network card (newbie)

Tom wrote:
so did you get it fixed? we like to hear about happy endings.

One step closer? I didn't have the right driver selected under Network Device Support. I've corrected that and recompiled the kernel.

lspci returns this line:
00:11.0 Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c905B 100BaseTX [Cyclone] (rev 24)

[has changed] ifconfig has a line for lo and a line for eth0.

dmesg|more now shows information about 3c59x: Donald Becker and others ...

When I try to access the internet, I get host unknown errors. What other information do I need to set this up??

Many thanks for helping me!
Lisa B.