RE: S3 driver in X-Window 4.1.16

Hi David,

> The machine has an S3 Trio 64V+ video card.  Now I thought I
> was alright on
> this one as the xfree86 site says it is supported by the S3
> driver in 4.1, as

I think I can help you here, I have same card and just got it
Working with Woody (after some hours cussing I might add!)
AFAIK this is not supported by 4.1 as it has not been ported yet
but the required xserver you need is Available in Woody for this
reason, just install 'xserver-s3' and accept this as
The default xserver when asked by debconfig. I was surprised it
Worked alongside the 4.1 pkgs because the version is 3.3...
But it did.

Regards
Wayne.