S3 driver in X-Window 4.1.16

Hi all,

I am attempting to install woody on an old box belonging to a friend to wean
her off Windows and toward the path of goodness.

The machine has an S3 Trio 64V+ video card.  Now I thought I was alright on
this one as the xfree86 site says it is supported by the S3 driver in 4.1, as
distinct from the S3Virge driver.  The S3 driver does not appear to be
present under that name in the Debian X packages in Woody, however (although
the Virge driver certainly is).

Does anyone know if it is present with a non-obvious handle or has it not
been included for some reason?  Do I go back to X-Window 3.3.6?

--

David