Re: 1024 cylinder so far

<quote who="Mauro Romano Trajber">
> Hi all
>
> I have a 30GB HD and i decide install debian (with BF2.4 floppies) in the
> first partition. There is my HD now:

> Now the problem !
> When i try to make my system bootable ,LILO doenst install in MBR. The
> error msg "Your linux partition is above 1024 cylinder ...blablabla" Why?
> My Linux partition start at cylinder 0!
> Trying to solve the problem i created a /boot(30MB) partition starting at
> cylinder 0  and occurs the same error.
> LBA is ENABLED in BIOS.
> I will thank any help.

hmm, what kind of disk controller? i would reccomend making a boot disk,
boot off of it, then once you get into the OS you can tweak lilo.conf
easier, check lilo.conf be sure it has 'lba32' at the top of it ..

less then a week ago i installed debian 2.2 on my home gateway, on
a new set of drives, the partition configuration:

Disk /dev/hde: 16 heads, 63 sectors, 193821 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 1008 * 512 bytes

   Device Boot    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
/dev/hde1   *         1        29     14584+  83  Linux
/dev/hde2            30    193821  97671168    5  Extended
/dev/hde5            30    192829  97171168+  fd  Linux raid autodetect
/dev/hde6        192830    193821    499936+  83  Linux

i have no problem installing lilo with my root partition
on /dev/hde5 (actually /dev/md0 which is composed of /dev/hde5
and /dev/hdf5) my /dev/hde1 is /boot and i have lilo installing
to /dev/hde

my ide controller is a promise ata/100

but for now i reccomend making a boot disk and getting into the OS
so you can tweak lilo.conf manually

nate