Re: 1024 cylinder so far - hde

hi ya

try moving /dev/hde to /dev/hda  with the right changes
in  /etc/fstab and /etc/lilo.conf and re-lilo before booting
	- make sure oyu have a bootable floppy first

	some bios's does NOT boot off /dev/hde no matter what you do
	to it... including threatening to powerit off forever
	and/or tossing it out the window or installing windoze on it
	( install windoze... didnt boot... ahhh... no wonder...

	kinda like the silly non-sense of them installing cdrom as
	/dev/hda as default on some giant mail order PCs

and yes... check that you have lba32 in lilo.conf
	and maybe change the bios to say "auto" instead of lba
	( some disks dont like to be told... it likes to tell what it is )

c ya
alvin