Re: Which parallel port support kernel modules to use?

Le 2002.07.06 03:46, David De Graff a écrit :
While setting up woody I noticed two kernel modules for parallel port
support:

- parport
- parport_pc

I would like to be able to use the parallel port for direct printer
hookups,
maybe other things. Which of thparportese two modules should be included in the
kernel, or should both be included?

I'm using a laptop at the moment, but am also curious about the setup for
other Intel boxes including servers.

There are several type of parallel ports. 'parport.o' module is common code for each of them.
So you must include 'parport.o' first.
The most common parallel port is PC-style (found in all PC compatible computers) which his modules is 'parport_pc.o'
I think you have PC-style parallel port, so insert the two modules.