Re: Outlook replacement (for web)

I set up squirrelmail for my company for web-based email. It's quite good,
has alot of developers, and is deployed at quite a few places. Version 1.2.7
was just released and is in Debian unstable; version 1.2.6 is in testing.

Very easy to install, one can have it functional within a few minutes, but
also full-featured. Has a plugin system to add features not already in the
core package; there appear to be about 50 plugins listed on the website as
of now.

Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira said:

> 	I want for web because Windows desktops.
> 	Thanks,
	Paulo Henrique.
> On Sat, 6 Jul 2002 13:35:54 -0600
> bob@proulx.com (Bob Proulx) wrote:
>
>> > 	we are migrating Exchange and Notes servers to Linux with Exim +
>> > 	LDAP and want to install some kind of replacement for Outlook
>> > 	(using a web browser). It has to have:
>> > 	Calendaring, Email, and such.
>> > 	Is there any tool like this for Linux?
>> > 	I know phpgroupware and mimerdesk. Are there another?
>>
>> Check out Evolution.  This was developed by Ximian as an outlookish
>> replacement.  The interface to MS-Outlook itself is proprietary as I
>> am sure they needed to sign NDAs with MS in order to make that work.
>> But the other parts are free software.
>>
>>   apt-get install evolution
>>
>> Bob
>>

> --
> Paulo Henrique B de Oliveira
> Gerente de Operações - Linux Solutions -
> http://www.linuxsolutions.com.br O maior conteúdo de Linux em língua
> portuguesa - OLinux - http://www.olinux.com.br (21) 2526-7262 ramal 31
>

> --

Kurt Yoder