Re: Can't connect to Internet

I'd also suggest looking into a product that comes
with Debian called wvdial, a simple utility to dial
and log onto your isp.  It's described in a man file
(man wvdial).

Also, to see what's going on when pon or wvdial runs,
in another window, as root, type:
tail -f /var/log/messages.  This looks at the tail end
of the message log, and will indicate if pon makes
contact and gets an isp number, and what the isp of
your server is.  That's the isp you can try pinging.