Re: Linux-based editor for PowerPoint presentations?

On Jul 07, 2002 at 07:35 -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 10:26:10AM -0400, Thatcher Ulrich wrote:
> > I need to make a set of slides for playback at a conference on a
> > Windows machine -- ideally I'd use something that can generate a MS
> > PowerPoint compatible file.  Any suggestions?  I took a look at
> > KPresenter, but it doesn't look like it can save in the PowerPoint
> > format.
>
> Check out openoffice.  You may need to add this to your sources.list...
>
> # OpenOffice
> deb ftp://ftp.vpn-junkies.de/openoffice unstable main contrib
> deb-src ftp://ftp.vpn-junkies.de/openoffice unstable main contrib

Hey, thanks to you and Rene for the tip -- it's working great so far!

One weird thing: if I make a presentation in OpenOffice, and then play
it back on a Windows machine using the free MS PowerPoint Viewer, the
bullets show up as boxes (i.e. looks like an unknown glyph or
something).  I haven't really fiddled around much yet, but if there's
a quick & easy answer for this I'm all ears...

--
Thatcher Ulrich
http://tulrich.com