Re: Cyrus vs. UW IMAP + procmail question

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Balazs Javor wrote:

> Now, I thought IMAP would be a good way to do this, but I have trouble
> deciding on which implementation to use. Recent posts I've read on this
> list suggested that most people seem to prefer Cyrus IMAP.

This subject comes up from time to time.  Rather than go over it yet
again, please search the archives of this list.  The bottom line is there
isn't yet a perfect IMAP server.  Each one has certain advantages and
disadvantages and it is up to you to decide what your priorities are.

[...]

> On the other hand in the past I once installed the UW daemon and
> allthough it was some time ago so I don't remember the details entirely,
> but it seemed to have now problems with serving my normal mbox files
> created via procmail...

That's very strange.  If you have any further information I'd like to hear
about it.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>