Re: Promise RAID controler problems - not supported

hi ya

the only ata hardware raid that is supported ...
	( notice .. nobody that is commonly referenced is listed
	( as supporting (true) "hardware raid"

	http://www.linux-ide.org/chipsets.html

	- it might be an obsolete list too but its a good starting point

- the problem is more ... "what level of hardware you need to be working" ??
	- those so called hw raid probably is... to some extent or
	another..

	- pull the cable off one of the disk .. see what happens
	- run the raid subsystem in degraded mode... see what happens...
	- put in a new disk... see what happens...

c ya
alvin