Re: Cyrus vs. UW IMAP + procmail question

For what it's worth, I recently implemented IMAP on a Debian Sid box
using courier IMAP with ssl support. I use Exim for my MTA, and procmail
to filter.

Personally, I like using ~/Maildir for mail storage instead of
/var/whatever. I'd just as soon all user-owned stuff stay in the user's
home directory.

It was a pretty simple setup ... I used the courier defaults, and did
some googling to find out what I needed to do to my exim.conf file so
Exim would deliver to ~/Maildir instead of /var/whatever.

Another thing I like about courier & debian, is when I had a couple
people fuss that they wanted pop3 back, all I had to do was apt-get
install courier-pop3-ssl and poof it was available.

Anyway, just my 2c

Sean

--

GPG Public Key available: http://sean.gutenpress.org/sean.asc