Re: KDE or Gnome

--- Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 11:44:00AM -0700, Charles
> Baker wrote:
> > I run Debian sid. I use wdm for a gui login on the
> box
> > visitors would use and I'm running X 4.1.0-17.
> Which
> > would be simpler to add to such a setup, Gnome or
> KDE?
>
> Neither.  Just install a couple WMs, like afterstep
> and fvwm and save
> yourself from a performance hit, bloat and random
> glitches that made the
> Wintendo famous.

<<SNIP>>
I'm a WindowMaker and occasional XFce user. I've
already got Afterstep installed, too. I'm just trying
to pick a more Windowsy environment for guests. If any
of them are inclined to see more alternatives I'll
show them. My point was just to make it easy for them
to quickly read email and surf web w/ little or no instruction.

=====
rascharles@yahoo.com
Hacking is a "Good Thing!"
See http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html