Re: how to make sure that anti-relaying is in place

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 06:45:22PM -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:
> :Relay test: #Test 9
> <<< 250 <spamtest@ip-209-23-97-177.modem.logical.net> is syntactically correct
> <<< 250 <nobody%mail-abuse.org@[209.23.97.177]> verified
> <<< 221 susie closing connection
> Tested host banner: 220 susie ESMTP Exim 3.35 #1 Fri, 05 Jul 2002 18:40:09 -0400
> System appeared to accept 1 relay attempts

> Anything else that I might have wrong?

The test is wrong, not your config.  It only checks that the RCPT TO:
is accepted.  If it had continued on to actually attempt to send a
message, the message would have been bounced.  exim just catches this
manner of relaying a little later on in the process (after the SMTP
connection has been closed, IIRC).

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss