Re: Ethernet controller

On 05/07/02 John McPeek did speaketh:

> Hi all,
>   I have a cheesy M/B with a built in Ethernet controller. I just put 2.2r6
> on it and it runs fine. I however can't get the network working. I installed
> the module for the RealTek controller with no trouble during install, and
> the auto network config worked good as far as I could tell. I can't ping
> outside the box. I can ping the loop back. I am in a Win world, with win2k
> server and proxy server between me and the net. Any thoughts about where to
> look fist.

    I think we'll need more information than that. Did the driver load
properly? lsmod to confirm. Did it provide you with an ethernet interface?

    ifconfig -a

    That should show you all available network interfaces. Your first ethernet
interface should be "eth0". Is that there? Cut and paste it in an email.

    Then we'll go through the wonderful world of configuring your interface,
routing and DNS.

    What auto network config are you talking about? DHCP?

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix