Ethernet controller

Hi all,
  I have a cheesy M/B with a built in Ethernet controller. I just put 2.2r6
on it and it runs fine. I however can't get the network working. I installed
the module for the RealTek controller with no trouble during install, and
the auto network config worked good as far as I could tell. I can't ping
outside the box. I can ping the loop back. I am in a Win world, with win2k
server and proxy server between me and the net. Any thoughts about where to
look fist.

Thanks

John McPeek