rewriting headers with sendmail (was Re: This is the last war I'm going to fight with you people)

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 06:52:40PM -0500, Glen Lee Edwards wrote:
> On Thursday 04 July 2002 05:52 pm, Chris Kenrick wrote:
> > As a lurker on the thread regarding alternate web servers that turned
> > into a discussion regarding mail setup, I'd have to agree with the
> > other people that have suggested that you are a bit thin skinned.
> > Some people have put in a lot of effort to try and help get your mail
> > working the way you want it to, and this is the response you give...
>
> Chris, I'll tell you what.  Why don't you end this whole discussion and
> do something that no one else here can do: come up with a rule rewrite
> for Sendmail that will change the envelope to match the header.  That's
> the fix.

I'd love to do that, but I'm no sendmail expert by any means.  However I
had a quick squiz at google groups under sendmail rewrite header
"envelope sender" and there were quite a few hits.  Several of the
posters were trying to rewrite name@machine.example.com to
name@example.com, so hopefully something there should answer your
question.  Of course, someone else here might know too :)

- Chris