Re: This is the last war I'm going to fight with you people

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 02:49:26PM -0500, Glen Lee Edwards wrote:
> In the 2 or 3 months I've been on this list, I've posted several
> questions.  The bulk of the responses I've received have made no
> attempt to answer my questions, but instead have been rude comments
> that have nothing to do with the questions.
>
> From now on, if I post a question, any people who respond but who make
> no attempt to answer the question will be put in my spam filter.  I
> have better things to do than to engage hot heads in worthless debates.

As a lurker on the thread regarding alternate web servers that turned
into a discussion regarding mail setup, I'd have to agree with the other
people that have suggested that you are a bit thin skinned.  Some
people have put in a lot of effort to try and help get your mail working
the way you want it to, and this is the response you give...

Aside from that, you could even try posting whatever Apache question you
had as an OT question here.

Having been on this list for a while now, I feel that its probably one
of the most knowledgeable and helpful lists I've come across.  If they
see that something's broken, they'll point it out, and help fix it if
necessary.  Your mail setup is broken, and blaming all the problems on
the Apache mailing list setup is not going to change that.

So what do you really want .. a quick and easy web server change, or a
mail configuration change that may be more tricky.  I'm sure people
would be quite happy to stop helping with the mail setup if you said "I
don't care that my mail is broken, I just want to change my web
server".  Of course, finding someone using a non Apache web server is
going to be another story altogether.

- Chris