Re: another mouse question!!

<quote who="Matt Price">
> hi everyone,
>
> argh!  my video card is working now, but I can't get my mouse to show
> up!! I have two miche, one ps/2 logitech simple ps/2 scroll mouse, the
> other usb logitech optical scroll mouse.  both wo4rk fine in redhat.,
> both are being run through a kvm onto a machien with no ps/2 port.  I

so the mouse is (eventually) attached to the machine via USB?

if so, then you need to load the usbmouse drivers and configure them.

I am not certain if debian includes these by default.  I use a USB
logitech trackman marble wheel on this laptop I'm usin, and the
configuration (kernel 2.2) for me is:

CONFIG_USB=y
CONFIG_USB_UHCI=y
CONFIG_USB_HID=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_X=1024
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_Y=768

then i have this in /dev:
crw-rw----    1 root     root      13,  63 Feb 17 23:13 /dev/usbmouse

this in my XF86Config-4:
Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier "Mouse2"
	Driver	"mouse"
	Option "Protocol"	"IMPS/2"
	Option	"Device"	"/dev/usbmouse"
	Option "Zaxismapping" "4 5"
EndSection

I load these modules on boot:
mousedev                3808   0  (unused)
hid                    11840   0  (unused)
input                   2880   0  [mousedev hid]

more info in the kernel documentation under Documentation/usb/input.txt

this of course is assuming your using a USB mouse of some sort, on
2.2 kernel

on my laptop I use 2 pointers, the internal track knob thing and
the usb mouse. which is why my Identifier is Mouse2 instead of
just Mouse.

nate