Best way to setup my home network and share my internet connection

Hi, I am planning to get the optimum online internet
service. I am planning to have a Debian pc as a
bastion firewall "2 nic cards." The first nic will be
connected to the incoming cable line and the second
one will share the connection with the rest of my pcs
through a switch. How would I set up the debian
firewall pc to share the internet connection? Will I
need to setup the debian firewall to be the gateway
for the rest of the pcs? If I need this, can anybody
give me a hand or at least point me to some kind of
documentation. I would really appreciate any help.

   Thanks a lot,
       Roberto...