Re: install Woody on SCSI Raid with bootable CD

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 12:10:37PM +0800, Patrick Hsieh wrote:
> Well, I compiled these modules from another machine, putting them
> altogether into a floppy under /boot directory init. But whan I insert
> this floppy into the installing machine and try to load scsi-mod.o
> first, it fails.

I recently had a similar problem getting the installer to recognize a
compaq array.

Are you sure the floppy can be mounted?
  Go to Alt-F2 window, and attempt to mount the disk manually
  mount -t <filesystem format> /dev/fd0 /floppy
  Note: I don't think the install disks can mount vfat until the drivers
  tar is extracted. Try putting an ext2 file system on the floppy and
  recopying the modules to it.

Are you sure the modules you compiled are for the same kernel version as
the one on the boot disk? (2.2.20??)
  Can you manually insmod them?