Re: install Woody on SCSI Raid with bootable CD

Well,

I am using bootbf2.4-xfs.iso from blade@debian.org.
http://people.debian.org/~blade/XFS-Install/download/

I used this bootable CD to boot the machinie and found that it can't
recognize the scsi raid. So I compile some scsi relative drivers from
another woody box with its kernel version 2.4.18.  When I put the *.o
files in the ext2 floppy under /boot dir, the new machine can mount the
floopy. But when I use ctrl-2 to switch the 2nd console and type insmod
manually, it complains that dismatch kernel version.

I think the bootbf2.4-xfs kernel viersion is 2.4.18-bf2.4-xfs but the
kernel version where I compiled those *.o modules is 2.4.18.

In this case, how can I make the kernel version consistency?
--
Patrick Hsieh <pahud@pahud.net>