Re: Need web server recommendation

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 08:06:43PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
[snip]
| and one submission about a week and a half ago from someone whose
| ISP is spam friendly (spamassassin found one host blacklisted by six
| RBLs in the Received headers, one or two might get it wrong
| occasionally, but I think six is a pretty clear sign).

Digressing from the topic here, this is a prime example of why a
score-based system like SA is a better use of the RBLs than simply
rejecting the messages at the MTA level.  At the MTA level each RBL
is, in and of itself, cause for rejection.  When combining the results
and checking a score, each rbl can be given a weighting, and if one
gets it wrong the message isn't falsely rejected.  (the other
advantage of SA is the ability to find additional relays in the path,
not just the one connecting to your MTA)

-D

--

All a man's ways seem innocent to him,
but motives are weighed by the Lord.