Re: Resizing partitions..

Andrew Biggadike wrote:

>Error: Can't move a partition onto itself.  Try using resize, perhaps?
>
>The way I'm thinking now, because the move of hda2 went okay and this
>one is giving me an error, it seems as if parted wants a chunk of unused
>space at least the size of hda3 to move it into - almost like a cp then
>rm.  From my understanding, this is not how it's supposed to work, and
>what I'm trying to do should be legal.  Am I missing something? Ideas?
>
>I've looked at the bug-parted list archives as well as some google
>searches, but I haven't found anything out there on that error message,
>and everything I've read indicates that this is possible.  Thanks,
>Andrew

This certainly SHOULD be possible. However, I just tried it on a spare 8
GB drive that I had and I got the same results. I'd suggest you do two
things:

1) File a bug for parted
2) apt-get install ext2resize

That will let you get your ext2 moved down properly. I have never
actually used ext2resize so I can't say anything about it other than it
sounds good. Good luck. :)

-Alex