Re: Logout script

On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 09:36:12PM -0400, Kapil Khosla wrote:
> Hi,
> In my current setting if I press ctrl-alt-del, my system shuts down. I saw something in /etc/inittab like
>
> # What to do when CTRL-ALT-DEL is pressed.
> ca:12345:ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t1 -a -r now
>
> I want to logout and restart my KDM and window  manager by pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL,
> Can anyone explain how can this be done,
> The window manager I use is sawfish and I use KDM to login,

Note: Ctrl-Alt-Backspace will kill the X session under the default
setup.  After which, KDM should respawn.  However, this is rarely what
you want to do, since it can muck up your session management.  What you
probably want to do is map a hot key sequence in X, that'll perform
a logout.  I'm remembering that Sawfish has an easy way to setup such
key sequences...

You almost certainly don't want to mess with inittab for such
functionality...

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>