Re: Logout script

On  0, Kapil Khosla <khoslakapil@lycos.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> In my current setting if I press ctrl-alt-del, my system shuts down. I saw something in /etc/inittab like
>
> # What to do when CTRL-ALT-DEL is pressed.
> ca:12345:ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t1 -a -r now
>
> I want to logout and restart my KDM and window  manager by pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL,
> Can anyone explain how can this be done,
> The window manager I use is sawfish and I use KDM to login,

Not a good solution, but:

ca:12345:ctrlaltdel:/usr/sbin/slay $username

would do it.  A little less violently:

ca:12345:ctrlaltdel:/bin/bash -c "ps auwx | grep sawfish | awk '{print
$1;}' | xargs kill

But if you really want a violent way out of your X session, can't you
set up a shortcut key combination to exit sawfish?  Or, if that's not
good enough, what's wrong with ctrl-alt-backspace?

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
	- Albert Einstein

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au