Re: Comments on the new gnome-terminal.

On Sun, 2002-06-30 at 15:35, James D Strandboge wrote:
> > blurred the background image.  All in all, it was much, much uglier
> than the
> > earlier versions of gnome-terminal.
> >
> I guess you are using the full gnome2?  If not, you should, and use
> gnome-control-center to set the fonts.  Then add 'export GDK_USE_XFT=1'
> to one of your x startup scripts.  The terminal is absolutely beautiful
> IMO.

Having used the new terminal for two days now, and having just upgraded
to Gnome 2 last night, I can now actually say that I love the new
terminal. AFTER I got the configuration out of the way (which had to be
done through gconftool since the preferences menu seems to be half-dead)
everything went fine. The keyboard shortcuts for tabs are very nice.

My only complaint now is that the tabs are still in their infancy. You
can't combine two terminal windows into one window with tabs, take a tab
off and create a window with it, etc. But I believe that that will come
with time.

Now if only I could change the keybindings for Fullscreen mode I'd be
all set. :)

-Alex