Re: Display problem with VNC, Mozilla and MathML

Vincent Lefevre wrote:

On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 19:26:08 -0500, Kent West wrote:
I didn't try it through VNC, but when I first connected it popped up a window saying I needed to install some fonts to see the page properly.

I had this window each time I went to the example web page after starting
Mozilla until I installed the fonts. Now I no longer get this window.

My problem is after installing these fonts. I don't think this is a font
problem (or only a font problem) because:
 * it happens only when using VNC (no problem at all when directly
   using the XFree86 X server);
 * the parts that are not displayed are non deterministic when
   scrolling;
 * it seems that the parts that are not displayed are a set of
   horizontal lines (sometimes consecutive) and sometimes even
   normal HTML text is corrupted.

I assume that this is not a problem with the VNC client since I tried
two clients and got the same problem (unless there's the same bug in
both clients). Then I don't know if this comes from Mozilla or the VNC
server.

I just vnc'd to my office computer and tried it. Except for the font issue (some things are just small rectangles), every thing looks fine. The formulas, the Mozilla star, the monkey shaking his head, the explanatory text, scrolling up and down, horizontal lines, colors; it all looks fine. Both machines are running Sid, and vncserver, xvncserver, and Mozilla on both machines are from recent (within last 4 or 5 days) apt-get update/upgrades. ATI All-in-Wonder on homebrew home machine running xvncviewer, over Cox Cable, to a Gateway PC with ATI card on a LAN connected to internet via T1s.

Kent