Re: Ot c++ programming in linux

On Sat, 2002-06-29 at 01:17, faisal gillani wrote:
> Well i am a newbie learning c++ these days we are
> being thaught on turbo c 3.0 but as like other things
> i want to work on c++ in linux .. so i installed gcc
> on my linux box but i dont have any idea how to
> install it for example i write a program as follows in
> turbo c
>
> #include<studio.h>
> #include<conio.h>
> void main (void)
> {
> printf("hello world");
> }
>

> how do i write the same program in gcc ?
> i have tried the same but it gives out error the
> #in... files not found
> what can i do & how to compile this program ?
>
> thanks
> faisal
>
> =====
> *º¤., ¸¸,.¤º*¨¨¨*¤ Allah-hu-Akber*º¤., ¸¸,.¤º*¨¨*¤

Three things:
1)Thats C, not C++
2)conio.h is not an ANSI or ISO library, it is only used in Windows, I
believe. The only thing I ever really used it for was getch() which can
readily be replaced with getchar() from stdio.h. This is probably the
source of your problems, just drop that include.
3)If you want to compile a C++ program, you will need g++ in addition to
gcc.

--
What was once is gone. What will be has not yet come. What is is all
that is real. Live for the now.