Re: NFS and security

hi ya raffaele

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Raffaele Sandrini wrote:

> I recently set up a very little debian system wich i use fo maintaince and
> setup on my clients. Its loaded via the NFSROOT feature of the 2.4 kernel. To
> do that i needed to set up a exports entry like:
>
> /path/to/system	10.1.1.0/24(rw,no_root_squash)

/etc		10.1.1.0/24(ro... )
/path/to/home	10.1.1.0/24(ro... )
#
# only "A" on the other end can write into /home/a
#
/path/to/home/a	10.1.1.a/32(rw... )
/path/to/home/b	10.1.1.c/32(rw... )
/path/to/home/c	10.1.1.c/32(rw... )

simple way to make it little stiffer... but not by much
and use automounters so "root" is not needed to manually mount stuff
	and root probably should be squashed..

- i'd like a better way to do stuff too ...

c ya
alvin

secure fs...
	http://www.Linux-Sec.net/FileSystem/  - at bottom